第二季S02E02口语精华《神探夏洛克》S02E02口语精华:巴斯克维尔的猎犬
转载自沪江英语
1.Well, that was tedious.
这一路可够长的。
tedious
沉闷的,冗长乏味的
e.g:It would be very tedious and difficult to write all information in binary code.
把所有的信息都翻译成二进制码是十分枯燥和困难的。
2.Anyway, you've paid everyone off, remember?
反正你给过大伙钱了,记得吗...
《神探夏洛克》S02E02口语精华:巴斯克维尔的猎犬
转载自沪江英语
1.Well, that was tedious.
这一路可够长的。
tedious
沉闷的,冗长乏味的
e.g:It would be very tedious and difficult to write all information in binary code.
把所有的信息都翻译成二进制码是十分枯燥和困难的。
2.Anyway, you've paid everyone off, remember?
反正你给过大伙钱了,记得吗?
pay off
付清
e.g:Most of the dwindling takings are used to pay off winning bets.
大部分减少的收入都被用于支付赛马投中的奖金。
3.A rocket, tearing itself to pieces, trapped on the launch pad. i need a case!
就像一枚火箭被困在发射台上,急得都快把自己扯烂了。我需要案子!
trap
使...陷入困境
e.g:The locals were encouraged to trap and kill mice to stop the spread of the virus.
当地人被鼓励用捕捉器捕杀老鼠以阻止病毒的传播。
4.Before bluebell disappeared, it turned luminous.
蓝铃花是先开始发光才消失的。
luminous
发光的,明亮的,清楚的
e.g:The fire of pain traces for my soul a luminous path across her sorrow.
痛苦的火通过她的忧郁替我心灵探索到一条光明的路。
5. And I assume this did wonders for devon's tourism.
我猜这对Devon的旅游事业也大有裨益吧。
do wonder for...
对...有裨益
eg:It will do no wonder for you if you are always staying up late.
总是熬夜对你一点好处也没有。
6. The girl across the aisle fancied you.
过道对面的女孩对你有意思。
fancy
喜爱,想要
eg:We fancy the big oval one, in the middle.
我们想要那间位于中间的椭圆形的大屋。
7. How on earth did you notice all that?
你究竟是怎么推断到那些的?
on earth
究竟
eg:What a mess! What on earth is history? A poem, a ship, a contract or lies?
真是一团糟!历史究竟是什么?一首诗,一艘船,一项合同,还是谎言?
8. I've been cooped-up for ages!
我都闷了这么长时间了!
coop-up
把...关起来,禁闭
eg:It is not healthy for a young guy to stay coop up inside.
年轻小伙子关在房间内是无益于健康的。
9. But is there something else lurking out here?
但除此之外,这里是否还潜伏着其他什么?
lurk
潜伏,潜藏,埋伏
eg:I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.
我有潜伏在巷道里…等着下一个牺牲品。
10. There are horrors beyond imagining.
有超乎想象的恐怖事物。
beyond imaging
超乎想象
eg:An army of slaves, vast beyond imaging, ready to devour tiny Greece.
是一支奴隶大军,庞大得难超乎想象,准备要吞噬渺小的希腊。
11. They found me the next morning, just wandering on the moor.
人们第二天早上找到了我 当时我正在沼泽里游荡。
wander
徘徊,漫步,迷路
eg:And then I wander about the dread nocturnal countryside of this inhuman season.
于是在这无情的季节,可怕的夜间,我在乡野徘徊。
12. At least the tv people took me seriously.
至少拍电视的人拿我的话当真。
take something/somebody seriously
认真对待,重视
eg:We take the handling of the case seriously, and have made representations to the Russian side on several occasions.
我们对此事件的处理高度重视,已经多次向俄方提出交涉。
本文档为【第二季S02E02口语精华】,请使用软件OFFICE或WPS软件打开。作品中的文字与图均可以修改和编辑,
图片更改请在作品中右键图片并更换,文字修改请直接点击文字进行修改,也可以新增和删除文档中的内容。
该文档来自用户分享,如有侵权行为请发邮件ishare@vip.sina.com联系网站客服,我们会及时删除。
[版权声明] 本站所有资料为用户分享产生,若发现您的权利被侵害,请联系客服邮件isharekefu@iask.cn,我们尽快处理。
本作品所展示的图片、画像、字体、音乐的版权可能需版权方额外授权,请谨慎使用。
网站提供的党政主题相关内容(国旗、国徽、党徽..)目的在于配合国家政策宣传,仅限个人学习分享使用,禁止用于任何广告和商用目的。