1. W: Thanks for lunch. It was delicious. Next time it’s on me.M: Don’t be silly.W: I’m serious.M: All right. Next time you treat.
2. M: What’s the chemistry homework Mr. Brown gave us today?W: Just a minute. I’ll look it up in my notebook.
3. M: Did you listen to the weather report this morning, Helen?W: Yes, it says we are going to have a wet weekend. We may get some very heavy rain in mountain areas.M: That means we can’t go camping, but will have to stay in.
4. M: Hi, Maggie. I want all these books here.W: That might be a lot for your dad to buy at one time.M: My dad gets me all the books I want.W: Well, that’s very nice of him.
5. M: Will you excuse me for a moment? I left my key in the car.W: Certainly.
M: Bob Gordon speaking.W: Hello, Bob. It’s Ann here. How’s everything?M: Fine. How about you?W: Oh, not so bad. Listen, I want to talk to you, Bob, about next Thursday. I hope you haven’t forgotten.M: No, no. I’ve got it in my diary. Just look it up. Thursday, the14th, the meeting in Birmingham, don’t know when or where, though.W: Right. That’s what Don White asked me to tell you. It’s in Birmingham at a quarter past eleven in the Rose.M: The Rose Hotel?W: Yes, the one opposite the park, Er, now you’ve got the time, right? 11:15, OK?M: Yeah, fine, 11:15. I may be a few minutes late. There is a train from here at 8:10. I’ll take that one, which train are you getting?W: I’m catching the 10:17. I get in at about 10:45.M: OK. See you Thursday then. Cheer then.W: Bye, Bob
.8-10小题W: Meg, I’ve just got us tickets to Singapore.M: That is just too exciting. So when do we set off?W: The plane leaves tomorrow afternoon. So we need to set off for the airport at 11am.M: Just let me write that down. So I don’t forget. So we leave at 11 am. Do we stop off anywhere on the way or is it a direct fight?W: Well, there aren’t any direct flights. But we are very lucky. With these tickets we can stop off in Hong Kong. So we can stopand spend two days there on our way to Singapore.M: You’re great. I always wanna go there. So we stop off in Hong Kong and just one more thing. When do we get back?W: We’ll return home in 10 days’ time.M: Wow, wonderful, I just can’t wait.
11-13小题M: Have you booked a table, madam?W: Yes, we’ve booked one for two. The name is Morrison.M: Oh, yes, we have the table for you near the group. This way, please.W: Group? What group? Oh, the music group, I suppose. I can’t stand the noisy places. Now where’s the menu?M: It’s on the wall, madam, on the blackboard.W: On the blackboard, indeed. I suppose you can’t afford proper menus.M: I’m sorry, madam, but that’s what we always do.W: I have such a busy afternoon in my office. If I weren’t so hungry, I would leave immediately.
14-17小题W: How was the game, Bill? Did you enjoy it?M: No, it was not interesting at all.W: That’s too bad. Football games are usually exciting.M: Not last night. Some of the players didn’t know what they were doing. In fact,
one of them was just terrible.W: Well, which team was the winner?M: The Tigers, they won the game 3-1.W: Were you happy about the score?M: No, I cheered for the losers.W: What about Eric and Steve? Which team did they support?M: Well, Eric was for the Tigers, but Steve was for the Lions.W: Then at least one of you liked the game.M: Yes, all of us enjoyed eating something. I had a big box of popcorn and ice cream.
18-20小题Hi, there, cow boys and cow girls. For a really exciting day in the Wild West, come to Cactus City Wild West Park. Yes, bring the children along to see a real old time pioneering town. Shoot guns and ride horses down the road. We’ll open April through September, seven days a week from10 am to sundown. Only 12 dollars for adults and 6 dollars for children or buy a family ticket at 24 dollars. What’s more, every Saturday and Sunday we have a real Wild West Show. Performances start at 2 pm and last for two anda half hours. That’s value for money. There are free buses to the park throughout the day every Saturday and Sunday from CactusCity Center. Yes, so we. There is a lot of fun waiting for all the family at Cactus City Wild West Park.
1. Who is paying the lunch now?A. They share the bill B. The woman C. The man
2. Who are the two speakers?A. Workers B. Students C. Teachers
3. What will the speakers do over the weekend?A. Go camping B. Stay at home C. Climb mountains
4. Where are the speakers?A. In a bookstore B. On a bus C. At home
5. What does the man ask the woman to do?A. Get his key B. Start the car C. Wait for him
6. Why does the woman call the man?A. To tell him the time and place of a meeting.B. To tell him how to get to Birmingham.C. To tell him to visit Don White.
7. Which train is the woman taking?A. The 10:17 B. The 10:45 C. 11:15
8. When is their flight?A. In the morning B. In the afternoon C. In the evening
9. Why do the speakers need to stop off in Hong Kong?A. Direct flights are more expensive.B. They plan to do some shopping there.C. There are no non-stop flights to Singapore.
10. How long will the speakers be away from home?A. Two days B. Ten days C. Twelve days
11. Where does this conversation take place?A. In a concert hall B. In a restaurant C. In a theatre
12. How does the woman feel in the conversation?A. Unhappy B. Curious C. Excited
13. What is the woman going to do next?A. Start to work immediately B. Talk to the group C. Sit down to order